Slash Your Commuting Expense – Share a Ride into Work
Whether you ride in with one other person or ten more, it makes good financial sense to share the expense of commuting into your job – plus your community benefits from cleaner air and lower traffic congestion
The average cost per mile to commute, even though lower than in the past, still is approximately $325/month for the average sized sedan driving with a round-trip of 25 miles.
Live in Katy and work in Greenway Plaza? That jumps to over $650.00 a month for a small car!
What can you do with an extra $100 to $500 a month?
Carpooling – A Great Way to Start!
TREK helps our member company employees match up with others living and working in the same areas. Once we find others in our database, we contact everyone to see about having an informal meeting so everyone can meet and see if anyone wants to start the ball rolling on saving time and money – and stress!
There’s no set rules to this – the people involved create their setup, with TREK’s help or not – we are always ready to help and advise. Fill out the above form today!
Enjoy Even More Savings using your NuRide miles!
Get rewards when you carpool or vanpool – or even biking or walking to the store! Go online to NuRide.com and sign up. You’ll create an online diary where you can log how many miles you travel while using alternative options to a single occupant vehicle (SOV). As your mileage increases, so do the rewards.
This is a government program helping to track the reduction of air emissions of SOV through shared rides and alternative means of travel, so take advantage of this and save!
Vanpools – Easy As 1-2-3
- Fill out the form above.
- Once there is a match of three or more with the same hours and close starting points, TREK lines up a vanpool meeting. These can be in person or on a “Go-To Meeting” setup. We’ll have a METRO STAR rep give you details on your particular route, costs and responsibilities. One of the vanpool participants drives the van, and all participants share the monthly vanpool lease and gas. STAR is responsible for insurance and maintenance for the van. They also offer 24/7 roadside assistance.
BONUS: You may have auto insurance that discounts you riding in a vanpool since they are a safer way into work.
- Vanpools vary in size to accommodate riders:
- Full-sized pool with 10-15 passengers
- Mid-sized pool with 7-9 passengers
- Small-pool with minimum of 5-8 passengers — There are several programs to help a small van grow – TREK will let you know how we can help you with growing your vanpool, saving you even more money.
- Enjoy the ride! You’ll be commuting between home and work saving money, time and hassle.