TREK – Trip Reduction Efficiency Council
Formed in 1995, TREK is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing mobility in the Greenway Plaza and Uptown/Galleria and Yorktown business areas of Houston, Texas.
Through our efforts, we:
- Improve air quality – reducing toxic and volatile automobile emissions
- Lower commuting costs – people usually save more than half their usual one-rider vehicle costs
- Reduce traffic congestion – the fewer single occupant vehicles heading into work, the faster existing freeways and other roadways will go
- Lower personal stress – by letting someone else deal with the traffic, people are less stressed, more productive at work and at home
- Lower risk for accidents – because they are safer, many car / vanpool riders can save on their auto insurance premiums
Fall 2018: Houston against other US cities for commute time / stress. See Robert Half’s study here. (Hint: We aren’t first place; but we stress over our commuter more than many)
How can TREK help your employees increase their job satisfaction and productivity?
Contact us for more information.